Climate Justice Victoria (CJV) is excited to announce that we’ve chosen to support Stefanie Hardman’s campaign for the Victoria City Council by-election. Stephanie has earned CJV’s endorsement because she has a strong commitment to climate justice, and has included strong action on the climate emergency in her detailed platform. Stefanie is running a strong campaign and has a reasonable chance of being elected. Turnout is low in by-elections, and your vote could make the difference between strengthening and stalling Victoria’s climate action.
Stefanie’s platform includes:
- Expanding the free transit pass initiative to low-income households and seniors
- Incentivizing electrification for buildings and transportation to phase out fossil fuels
- Creating more transit lanes to make buses faster and more reliable
- Building truly affordable housing, and creating new emergency housing spaces
- Prioritizing our relationship with the Songhees and Esquimalt First Nations
- Increasing our efforts to address the opioid crisis
Advance voting has started, and election day is Saturday December 12. Find out how to vote!